Tuesday

Writer vs button

As I was getting dressed this morning, it dawned on me that being a writer is not as bad as it seems. Sure there is no pay, no fame, no readers and no book deals, but it could be worse: I could have chose button as my profession. 

I imagine the stress would be unbearable. 

For example, if I was a button on a pair of pants, the lives of the fabric, zipper and pockets would all depend on me because if I was too hard to 'operate' (in other words if I was too big for the hole I was entering), the customer would get frustrated and look for another pair of pants that was more user-friendly

Before you know it, word would get out about how difficult I was as a button. Then the store manager would get fed up with my inability to satisfy the customer (totally my fault), reduce the retail price and slap me on the bargain rack. 

Believe me, nothing would be more embarrassing because the high-priced sweaters and popular t-shirts would probably laugh at us.

Besides who wants a job where your very existence hangs by a thread.

No comments: