Tuesday

Old news

As far as I can tell, there are no good stories about old people, so I think it would be a good career move to corner this untapped niche market.

I believe a good tale would involve something that had to do with their unconditional love and life wisdom. On second thought, a better story would be about how they like to give younger people money for no reason at all. I suspect they are so free with their riches because they know they are going to die soon and they want to stick it to the tax man one last time. Or they are going senile and have lost all sense of money's worth.

Of course, if I wanted a story that was more magical, I could always write something about the myriad of aromas they produce ranging from moth ball to urine.  I could even draw on my experiences as a youngster when I would sit behind my Grandfather's lazy boy at night. Just as he and his sphincter had fallen asleep, I would try to guess what he ate for dinner. My instincts would prompt me to yell out borscht, but most times it was stew or pizza pockets. 

I guess a good literary title for that story would be The Changing winds or Breezes from Yesteryear, but I'm open for suggestions.

No comments: